Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day One Of Up in Smoke: BUSTED!

Photobucket
Failure.
well ok maybe not to that level, but you get my point.

Now judge if you must because i pretty much deserve it. I failed and in less than 12 hours of beginning my little lent sacrifice. I woke up this morning sitting on my little side walk next to my garage...waiting for CANDIDA to pick my ass up. In waiting i was already going crazy from the lack of nicotine, but i persevered and made it to school smoke free. Rewinding a bit i made the mistake of not smoking all of my cigarettes before the dead line so i had about 8 cigarettes left sitting on my bathroom sink. After class candida dropped me off at home so i could shower, and then the trouble starts. I noticed that my irritation level was fairly higher than usual due to how hungry my lungs were for nicotine. So instead of smoking i made some hot wings and a corn dog to satisfy my craving, however i realized the food would only satisfy one of my urges. So i resorted to saying "fuck it i need one" and i smoked one.....and how ooooo so sweet the mix of over a 100 chemicals felt seeping into my lungs.

Long story short, i smoked about 4 cigs and still have like 4 more which is not good. Some may suggest "why not just throw them away" and i am sorry i can't just waste perfectly good cigarettes. I mean to think some poor kid in Mira Mesa who can't buy his own cigarettes is suffering and would die to be in my position. SO I SAY NO!!! FOUL NAY SAYERS! I WILL NOT THROW THEM AWAY THAT WOULD BE SHEER MADNESS.!

Although i have failed both god and myself today i shall not fret for this is only one loss on the side of good. You may have won this time oh tobacco companies, but you have not WON THE WAR!

YOU CAN TAKE OUR LIVES BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

IMMORTALITY TAKE IT, IT'S YOURS!

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?

GIVE THEM NOTHING TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING!


*insert epic movie quote here*


(whoever can name the quotes that those movies come from first i'll buy you lunch)

Anyways so heres my first poem of lent

its kind of a cop out cuz i wrote this for my creative writing class but fuck it

The Insomniac

I laid myself to Sleep,
Only to Awaken
To sweat drenched sheets

Lay Awake sweating,
To Sleep on sheets
drenched

Retreat from nightmare
Drenched dreams
As I sweat myself to Sleep

Fear of Awakening
Dream sweat all too real
Nightmare drenches my
reality

Sleep to rest
Sleep to escape what is real
Sleep is a CURSE

Awake,
reality hurts

Awake,
escaping nightmares too real

Awake,
Is an affliction

Sleep yearns to be Awake
Finally Awake and now wish to be aSleep

Awake due to the fact
That I can’t Sleep.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

bravehearttroygladiator300 and I didn't even have to look that up I win. But really though, don't feel bad about the first day. At least you're exercising your God-given gift of free will, right? That should count towards something for Lent...

Nazer Lagrimas Jr said...

hot wings and corn dog sound good right now